The inevitable, imminent convergence of mobile transport and fixed access networks
It has been one of the longest courtships in history. But finally, fixed and mobile are coming together. That’s because, with the rise of 4G and arrival or 5G, we have reached a point where mobile operators cannot efficiently meet demand without relying on fixed broadband networks for mobile transport.
In this white paper, learn about the drivers that have made fixed-mobile convergence inevitable and how virtualization can make it a reality for you. Understand:
- The forces behind the 5G network modernization
- The complementarity of mobile and fixed networks
- What virtualization brings to the table in a converged network
- How to share effectively a single network for fixed and mobile traffic
- The benefits of convergence for both fixed and mobile network operators